THRASS Online Course Delivery
Due to continuing COVID-19 restrictions, our usual mode of course delivery isn’t possible. Instead, we are offering ‘virtual’ THRASS courses delivered using the Zoom online meeting platform. Participants will continue to receive their physical course materials and interact in real time with a THRASS trainer and other attendees.
For more information, or to book a course please visit Eventbrite here:
IMPORTANT – Places are limited, please book early to allow plenty of time for your course materials to arrive.
About the Course
This one-day course has been designed to further develop teaching strategies for the implementation of the THRASS SPP into the classroom. This course has been structured to revise, consolidate and extend the knowledge gained from the Foundation Level. Completion of the Foundation Level course is a prerequisite for entry to this course.
Includes course materials and basic resources.
Provide participants with an initial introduction to –
- Linguistic concepts and terminology
- Explicit phonics teaching using the THRASS charts and resources
- Explicit teaching of oral language skills
- Explicit teaching of written language skills
- Explicit teaching of basic grammar skills
- Introduction to the MASUTA spelling model
- Strategies for implementation of the THRASS SPP into the classroom
It is suggested that this course be done at least a term after completing the Foundation Level course.
*Course Length: 4.5 hours of instruction over one day.enrol now